Citizens Advice Bureau Jersey

Our advice is available in the following ways:



The Jersey Royal Court Advisory Service - This service helps with family disputes about the care of children

 Extent: Jersey
 Updated 11 June 2019


Words you may need to know

Order - This is the courts decision about what should happen

Jersey Family Court Advisory Service ( JFCAS)

A service is available in Jersey's Royal Court to work with children involved in non-criminal matters.

One example of their role is when parents get divorced. When parents are divorcing and can't agree about arrangements for their children, it is the Advisory Service who will put together the report for the court with suggestions about what should happen in the best interests of the child/ren.

Where parents can't agree about the care of children, they can apply to the court for an order. The Court will ask the Jersey Family Court Advisory Service ( JFCAS) to prepare a report.